Walking Toward a Healthier You
Walking is the simplest positive change you can make to effectively improve your health.
Research has shown that the benefits of walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Lose weight
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes
There really are so many benefits for such a simple activity!
It’s not all or nothing… it’s step by step. So set a reachable goal just for today. Then you can work toward your overall goal of 30 minutes a day by increasing your time as you get in better shape.
- Take your dog out for a stroll through the neighborhood.
- Spend quality time with your family at the park.
- Park farther from your workplace and use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park farther in a parking lot.
- Window shop at the mall.
It’s So Easy — and It Works 🙂
All you have to do is lace up a good pair of sneakers and walk. It’s that easy. It’s also safe, the least expensive and has the lowest dropout rate of any type of exercise.
Follow the link to read more…