Thieves Essential Oil
Do you use Essential Oils?
My daughter is a huge advocate of essential oils and their benefits. She recently suggested I use Thieves Oil to give my immune system a boost.
A few dabs on the bottom of my feet at night… on go my comfy sleeping socks and voila…immune boost!!
The scent is heavenly…. Cinnamon, Clove, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary…ahhhh 😀
The benefits are many….the uses are vast….and a few drops go along way!! Add a few drops to a carrier oil ( I use Olive Oil ) and you’re good to go!!
Here’s a little background….Thieves Oil was first created in the 15th century during the Bubonic plaque. Four thieves where robbing the possessions of infected dead bodies yet never contracted the plaque. Odd right?! When they were finally caught, the Magistrate of the court wanted to know the secret to their health. He offered them a reduced sentence if they shared their secret. Each told the Magistrate stories of the power and medicinal value of essential oils and their vast knowledge of combining certain oils to achieve the amazing health benefits. The combination they had concocted had proven highly effective in killing the airborne bacteria of the plaque.
This may be a great folktale…and there will always be non believers…but essential oils have been proven to have antiviral, antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
Each Oil contained in Thieves Essential Oil contributes its own benefits:
- Clove – The benefits of Clove Oil are due to its anti fungal, antiseptic, antiviral, antioxidant and stimulating properties.
- Lemon – Lemon Oil is an antioxidant, antiseptic, astringent and detoxifying properties. Lemon Oil can also have a soothing, calming effect.
- Rosemary – Rosemary is part of the Mint family. It has been shown to boost brain activity, help relieve respiratory issues and reduce pain.
- Cinnamon Bark – Cinnamon is one of the most popular herbs. It can stimulate your immune system and also promotes cardiovascular health.
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus has well know anti inflammatory, antiseptic and decongestant properties.
You should always purchase Essential Oil from a trusted source. You should purchase only therapeutic grade oils. Perfume grade oils may contain irritants and other unnecessary ingredients.
* Always use a small amount of any Essential Oil you’ve never used before until you see how you react !!! *
For more info…follow the link below 😉