Seasonal Affective Disorder
During the winter months we tend to feel gloomy. It’s cold…grey….yuck…you just want to stay in your pj’s!!! 🙁
Occasionally it can be more than just a case of the winter blues. SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder may be the culprit.
Not everyone experiences the same symptoms …here are a few:
- Feeling sad, anxious, worthless
- Feeling hopeless, useless, helpless
- Irritable and restless
- You are sleeping more but are feeling more tired
- You may feel an increase in fatigue and a decrease in energy
- You may have difficulty concentrating.
- You may have lost interest in activities that you used to find enjoyable
- You may have a weight gain or weight loss
- Thoughts of suicide
**If you are experiencing any of these symptoms..please consult your healthcare professional**
Your healthcare professional may prescribe an antidepressant or Light Therapy to help you.
There are some things you may be able to do on your own to give yourself a boost 😀
- Exercise may be the last thing you want to do…but you should try!! No need to go to the gym…take a walk…use the stairs…jump rope. Being more active during the day will give you some energy and you may feel less depressed.
- Spend some time with friends or family. Even if it’s just a quick cup of coffee..interactive with people will help you not feel so alone. Talk about the gloominess of the winter and you may find others feel the same as you do.
- Homeopathic remedies may also be helpful. There are natural remedies for depression & insomnia. Speak to your homeopath or healthcare professional about options that may work for you.
For more information…follow the link below