I love an afternoon nap! Time to just kick back…relax and recharge …ahhhh 🙂
Sometimes you feel groggy or even more tired when you wake up…why when you felt so tired to begin with? If you nap for longer than 30 minutes…you wind up in a deep sleep. You’re falling into a deep sleep that’s hard to wake up from. The perfect nap is 10 to 20 minutes…just long enough to wake feeling refreshed and ready to go.
Fatigue and sleep deprivation are two of today’s biggest health issues. Less than half the population get a full..restful night’s sleep. Our lives are so busy and full of stress that it can be hard to shut off your mind and relax enough to fall into a deep sleep. Fatigue can cause you to be less alert, moody, cause eye strain and headaches.
Benefits of Napping….
- Reduced fatigue
- Increased alertness
- Improved mood
- Improved performance, better memory, less confusion…fewer accidents and mistakes.
So…what’s the perfect nap time?
- 10 to 20 Minutes – This is considered a power nap. Just enough time to give you an energy boost and clear your mind. You’re not falling into a deep sleep so it’s easier to wake up without feeling groggy.
- 30 Minutes – Studies show this is a bit too long for a nap. You may wake with that groggy, hung over feeling which can last for awhile.
- 60 Minutes – This can provide you with a more deep sleep and grogginess may be less upon waking but you still may feel foggy.
- 90 Minutes – This is considered a full sleep cycle. Lighter and deep sleep cycles help avoid that groggy feeling when you wake.
Sometimes you won’t even fall asleep…but just stretching out…closing your eyes for a few minutes can do you a world of good.
Being well rested is crucial for good health!!!
For more…follow the link below….