Laughter is the Best Medicine
One of the best feelings in the world is a belly laugh…one where your side hurts, your eyes water and you can’t catch your breath. Everything from a slight giggle to a side splitting bout of laughter can increase your overall sense of well-being. Doctors have found that people who have a positive outlook on life tend to fight diseases better than people who tend to be more negative.
Here are a few benefits to adding Laughter to your day…
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Laughter seemed to cause the tissue that composes the lining of blood vessels to expand, allowing for better blood flow reducing your risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Reduces Stress Hormones: Levels of stress hormones like cortisol and epinephrine seem to decrease during bouts of laughter. These hormones can suppress the immune system, setting you up to a host of infections, illnesses and general poor health.
- Cardiac Health: Laughter gets your heart pumping and burns a similar amount of calories per hour as walking at a slow to moderate pace.
- Triggers Endorphins: Endorphins are the body’s natural pain killers. By laughing, you can release endorphins, which can help ease chronic pain and make you feel better.
- Abs: When you are laughing, the muscles in your stomach expand and contract, similar to when you purposely exercise your abs.
To read more…follow the link below….