Importance of Hand Washing
Washing your hands…seems like a no brainer doesn’t it? Well…you’d be surprised how many people don’t wash their hands 🙁
Cold & Flu season is upon us and the easiest was to prevent spreading germs is proper hand washing…not just a quick rinse under the faucet!!
Washing your hands frequently is one of the best ways to avoid getting sick and spreading those nasty germs. As you go through your day…you’re touching doors, surfaces and objects that are covered in germs which accumulate on your hands. When you touch your eyes, nose or mouth without washing your hands…you are giving germs the opportunity to make their way into your body.
It’s impossible to be germ free…but by washing your hands properly & frequently you can prevent an array of illnesses from making their way into your system.
The most common ways germs are spread:
- Sneezing and coughing into your hand and then touching someone or something without washing your hands.
- Germs can be transmitted via food. Preparing food without washing your hands passes germs along to everyone who eats the food.
- Pets are notorious carriers of germs. We pet them with dirty hands…sneeze and cough on them….airborne germs land on them 🙁
You should ALWAYS wash your hands:
- Before cooking or eating
- After using the bathroom
- After house cleaning
- After touching animals…even your beloved pet 😉
- After blowing your nose…coughing or sneezing
- When you come in from the outdoors
When you wash your hands…be sure to lather up for at least 20 seconds….clean between your fingers…top of your hands…even up to your wrists…then rinse & dry well!! 🙂
For more info…follow the link below….