Foods for a Healthy Liver
You Liver works like a filter…sucks in the bad stuff and releases the good back into your system. It removes harmful toxins from your bloodstream and helps digest food. Thousands of enzyme systems responsible for every activity in your body are produced in your liver. If your liver becomes overworked and not functioning properly your entire system can be thrown off balance.
Alcohol, fast food, junk food, processed sugar, fatty foods all can contribute to an over stressed liver. Changing your eating habits and adding in some of the foods known for cleaning your liver will get you on your way.
There are many foods that help cleanse your liver naturally…here are a few:
- Garlic – Garlic contains many sulfur compounds that activate your liver enzymes responsible for flushing out toxins. Allicin and Selenium are two powerful nutrients proven to help protect your liver from toxic damage and assists with detoxification.
- Grapefruit – Grapefruit is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants two powerful liver cleansers. It also contains the flavonoid, naringenin which causes your liver to burn fat rather than store it. Eating or drinking grapefruit juice will flush toxins and carcinogens from your liver.
- Lemons – Lemons are full of vitamin C and help our bodies clean out toxins and aid in digestion. Lemon slices are often added to water to help flush out impurities.
- Green Tea – Green Tea is jam packed with plant antioxidants known as catechins. This powerful herbal beverage has been shown to eliminate fat accumulation in the liver and help promote healthy liver function.
- Leafy Greens – Leafy Greens like spinach and kale have the ability to neutralize metals, chemicals and pesticides that may be in the foods we eat. These cleansing foods provide powerful assistance to the liver by sucking up the toxins in your bloodstream.
- Avocados – Avocados are a nutrient rich super food. Glutathione…one of the many compounds found in avocados, protects your liver from toxic overload and boosts its cleansing power.
- Walnuts – Walnuts contain high levels of l-arginine, glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids help detoxify the liver of ammonia and help oxygenate your blood.
- Tumeric – Tumeric is one of the most important and powerful foods for maintaining a healthy liver. It has been shown to protect the liver against toxic damage, can regenerate damaged liver cells and boosts the production of bile.
For more info….follow the link below….