Benefits of Eucalyptus
Did you know Eucalyptus is a fast growing evergreen tree with over 700 varieties native to Australia?!
Eucalyptus is more familiar to us in the form of oil rather than leaves. The oil is derived from dried leaves which are then steamed to extract the oil. Eucalyptus oil is colorless with a strong woodsy, slightly sweet scent. Eucalyptus oil has shown antibacterial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Eucalyptus Leaves can be used around your home or you can use the essential oil directly on your skin, in a diffuser or vaporizer to reap the benefits Eucalyptus can provide.
Let’s take a look at some of the amazing benefits of Eucalyptus….
- Cough Suppressant – Eucalyptus contains a powerful compound called Eucalyptol. This compound has been shown to have the ability to loosen phlegm, ease coughs and fight many common upper respiratory problems. Consume as a tea…or use essential oil directly on your chest or inhale aroma on a cotton ball, use an infuser or vaporizer.
- Skin Disorders – Because of its antibacterial, anti – inflammatory properties eucalyptus oil is commonly added to creams and ointments used to heal common skin conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis and minor burns.
- Circulation – Helps to dilate blood vessels increasing circulation.
- Fever – Eucalyptus oil has a cooling effect on your body. Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and lightly spray your body or apply essential oil along with a carrier lotion to your body.
- Disinfectant – Its antiviral and antibacterial properties make it a perfect natural cleaner.
- Muscle Pain & Fatigue – Massaging eucalyptus oil directly on muscles helps to increase circulation, ease pain and reduce inflammation.
- Insect Repellant – Use Lemon Eucalyptus oil to make a natural insect repellant.
For more info…follow the link below…