Benefits of Celery
I’ve always thought of Celery as pretty generic. Great as a vessel for dips…chopped into tuna…I had no idea the amazing benefits it contains!! 🙂
Celery belongs to the same family as Parsley and Fennel. Celery has a high content of Vitamin A, C, K, B1, B2, and B6. It is also rich in Potassium, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and plenty of essential amino acids. Whether you’re eating it raw, juicing it or cooking…none of the nutritional benefits are lost in any way. While it’s true that Celery contains more sodium than most vegetables, the high level of Potassium will offset it. The amount of Sodium is not significant enough to be a concern even to salt restricted diets.
Here are some of the awesome benefits…
- Bad Breath – The roughness of raw Celery helps scrub bacteria from the tongue and it’s natural fibers help clean your teeth. Improper brushing causes bacteria to build up causing bad breath.
- Anti Inflammatory Properties – Celery and Celery Seeds contain high levels of COX-2 inhibitors along with Apigenin. COX-2 inhibitors are key in relieving inflammation in arthritis and many other inflammatory diseases. Apigenin is a natural pain reliever.
- Cancer – The phytochemical Coumarin is one of the active compounds found in Celery. Coumarin has been proven effective in enhancing white blood cells fight cancer and preventing free radicals from damaging cells.
- Memory Loss – Luteolin has been shown to lower levels of harmful plaque forming protein in the brain.
- Immune Function – Celery is packed with antioxidants and compounds that fight bacteria, viruses and inflammation, which gives your immune system a helpful boost.
- High Blood Pressure – Phtalides found in Celery help relax the muscle around your arteries, dilating the blood vessels to allow blood to flow more freely.
- Urinary Health – Celery’s anti inflammatory, analgesic and diuretic properties help improve bladder, kidney and urinary health. Potassium and Sodium stimulates urine production eliminating toxins from your kidneys and body.
- Calming – The minerals in Celery..especially magnesium..have a calming effect on your nervous system.
For more…follow the link below…