Anti Inflammatory Foods
Inflammation is part of our body’s immune response without it we can’t heal. When inflammation is out of control it can reek havoc on our bodies. Foods high in sugar and saturated fat can spur on inflammation. They cause over activity in your immune system which leads to joint pain, fatigue and damage to blood vessels. There are foods that can help reduce inflammation…add some to your diet and see the difference.
Dietary changes obviously don’t work as quickly as a pill would…but over time you should begin to feel the results!
- Oily Fish – Salmon & Tuna are high in Omega-3 fatty acids which have been proven to reduce inflammation. Not a fish eater? Walnuts are also high in Omega-3 fatty acids and a fish oil supplement could also be an alternative.
- Whole Grains – Eating whole grains instead of refined grain… for example whole grain bread instead of white bread…will help keep inflammation at bay. Whole grains contain more fiber which can reduce C-reactive proteins.
- Dark Leafy Greens – Vitamin E and phytochemicals found in leafy greens like Spinach, Kale and Broccoli play a key role in protecting your body from cytokines.
- Nuts – In a previous post I’ve shown the awesome power of various nuts in reducing inflammation. All nuts are packed with one form of antioxidant or another along with fiber, Vitamin E and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Garlic & Onions – These vegetables are known for their immune boosting properties and anti inflammatory phytonutrients.
- Ginger & Tumeric – Known for their healing powers for generations…Ginger and Tumeric have anti inflammatory and antiviral properties.
- Berries – Berries are beneficial in reducing inflammation due to their high contact of anthocyanins. Wild Blueberries, Raspberries and Strawberries rate among the highest in anti inflammatory properties.
- Peppers – Bell Peppers and Chili Peppers are rich in capsaicin which has been shown to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Avocados – Avocados contain two key antioxidants…lycopene and beta carotene….both reduce inflammation.
- Beets – Beets are jam packed with antioxidants along with Vitamin C, fiber and betalains. They help reduce inflammation, provide heart health and protect against certain cancers.
- Tomatoes – Red tomatoes are rich in lycopene..helpful in reducing inflammation throughout your body.
- Olive Oil – Usually of its heart healthy..it is also beneficial in fighting inflammation.
- Yogurt – Probiotics found in yogurt can reduce digestive inflammation.
For more info…follow the link below….