Amazing Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
The Tea Tree or Melaleuca shrub is a traditional remedy used for centuries. Originally Aborigines in Australia used the leaves to make a healing tea. In recent years, research has shown the benefits of the oil from tea tree leaves holds even more amazing healing benefits.
Primarily used to treat infections…tea tree has antifungal, antibacterial, anti inflammatory and antiviral properties. It is used mainly to treat a variety of skin disorders from acne to dandruff. Tea Tree Oil tends to act somehat like an astringent which can cause your skin to become too dry…use your better judgement as to how long and how much you should use.
*** Tea Tree Oil should NEVER be swallowed or placed directly in your eyes….only TOPICAL use is recommended!!!! ***
** If you tend to have sensitive skin…test your reaction to tea tree oil in a small area before continuing to use it.**
Tea Tree Oil is gold or pale yellow in color. It usually comes in a dark bottle to protect it’s potency from sunlight. It has a clean, fresh scent similar to mint and is very soothing and appealing.
Here are a few of the many uses of Tea Tree Oil:
- Congestion – Add a few drops to a humidifier or pot of boiling water and breathe in the vapors to help relieve congestion. You can also make a rub for your chest by adding a few drops to a carrier oil. Rub on your chest and back for night long relief.
- Acne – Apply pure Tea Tree Oil directly to acne with a cotton swab or cotton ball twice a day. Be careful not to over dry your skin by using too much.
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Sunburn – Mix a few drops with coconut oil and honey to create a creamy salve. Apply twice a day.
- Minor Burns, Scrapes – Apply a few drops to a cotton ball to clean and disinfect the area. Apply salve from above twice a day.
- Athlete’s Foot – Apply a mixture of carrier oil and a few drops of tea tree oil to the affected area twice a day. Make a foot bath of warm water and 5-10 drops of tea tree oil…ahhhhh..soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Dandruff, Lice, Itchy Scalp – Add 5-10 drops of pure tea tree oil to your shampoo and / or conditioner. Use daily…be careful not to get in your eyes!
- Ticks – Place a drop of oil directly on the tick and watch him jump off you!!! 😉
For more ideas on how to use Tea Tree Oil…follow the link below…