Amazing Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut…yum….I love all things coconut..the taste …the scent 🙂
When I started researching Coconut Oil I was amazed at its versatility and benefits. I always thought it was an unhealthy fat that clogged up your arteries. Not true!! Coconut Oil is actually a heart healthy food and can keep your body humming. Coconut oil can help your body resist viruses and bacteria along with fighting off yeast and fungus. It has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties.
Coconut Oil is commonly found in solid form. You can melt it in the sun or in warm water if you are using it topically. NEVER MICROWAVE!!! If you are using it in your cooking…well…you know what to do 😉
Here are some of the awesome benefits..
- Reduces Cholesterol – Coconut oil contains lauric acid which has been shown to increase HDL ( good ) cholesterol.
- Skin & Hair – Coconut Oil contains a good amount of the antioxidant Vitamin E. Found to be very moisturizing…coconut oil is often used to prevent premature aging, treats eczema and psoriasis, prevents flaking and drying of skin.
- Immunity – It contains antimicrobial lipids which have antiviral,antifungal and antibacterial properties which give your immune system a boost.
- Weight Loss – Coconut fats have been shown to help your Liver burn fat more efficiently.
- Digestion – Coconut oil helps aid digestion along with the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- Stress Relief – Coconut oil is very soothing. Gently massage into your temples or neck to help relieve stress.
- Healing & Infections – Coconut oil creates a protective barrier which encourages healing and prevents infection due to its amazing antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral properties. If you rub coconut oil on a bruise it will heal faster.
The list goes on and on….
For much more info …..follow the link below….